In 1992, I was invited to present — at the United Nations — a remarkable artistic space discovery … as part of our on-going “Independent Mars Investigation”:
That, the massive mile-long “Face on Mars” — first imaged by NASA’s unmanned Viking spacecraft in 1976 — was actually–
TWO “faces” ….
A terrestrial “hominid” half … elegantly blended with a completely unexpected “feline” half … a lion.
My guest tonight, William Saunders (along with co-researcher, George Haas) ultimately located myriad, multi-cultural examples of sculptures and paintings on this planet, that deliberately fused “two independent symbolic concepts into a single ‘master work’.”
Hass and Saunders have now also found, in addition to the Face, dozens of additional examples of such “deliberately bifurcated geoglyphs” on Mars; published two major works on this provocative “two-planets’ artistic phenomenon”; and have concluded, as a result — independent of our own revolutionary Mars’ conclusions — that somehow, at some time in the distant solar system past, “the Martians” seem to have been the direct carriers of this striking form of art from Mars … to Earth!
Reinforcing other, growing scientific evidence that, at least some “humans,” share a common heritage with Mars ….
Richard C. Hoagland
2- VMC-Arsia-Mons-Oct-10-annotated Click image to Enlarge
3- VMC-Oct22-Arsia-Mons-Alaska-comp Click to Enlarge
5- Bennu-Ryugu-comp Click image to Enlarge
7- 4-01 Face E03-00824
8 Hominid-Lion-Comp Click image to Enlarge
9- Paleolithic — man-lion-neg
William Saunders’ Items:
1- CBC news
3- Human Jaguar skull
4- Modern Maya split face
5- Olmec Half bat – human
7– Cydonia context
14- The Cydonia Codex (Click on Cover to Buy)
15- The Mars Codex (Click on Cover to Buy)
William Saunders is a retired petroleum geoscientist. He graduated from the University of Alberta in Edmonton with a Bachelor of Science degree majoring in geomorphology. He worked as a geological technologist in the petroleum exploration and development industry in Calgary, Alberta, Canada from 1978 until 2014. He currently is living in Penticton, British Columbia.
He is an associate director of The Cydonia Institute along with George Haas and a member of the Society for Planetary Seti Research (SPSR).
Mr. Saunders has co-authored the following articles, peer-reviewed papers and books related to anomalous formations on Mars:
- 2015 – Co-authored paper: “A Composite Band of Facial Formations within a Winding Valley of Libya Montes on the Planet Mars.”
- 2014 – Co-authored paper: “Analysis of the Mars Global Surveyor and Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter Images of the Syria Planum Profile Face on Planet Mars”.
- 2014 – Executive Producer video (DVD): The Mars Codex; Manuscript of An Ancient Text
- 2011 – Co-authored paper: “Avian Formation on South Facing Slope of The Argyre Basin” (Mars) Journal of Scientific Exploration, Volume 25, Issue 3, Fall 2011
- 2009 – Co-authored: The Martian Codex; More Reflections From Mars,
- 2005 – Co-authored: The Cydonia Codex; Reflections From Mars